Livestream Dialogue with Dalai Lama
***LIVESTREAM DIALOGUE WITH DALAI LAMA. Watch here. On Saturday, 15 september, 9:30, in The Nieuwe Kerk Amsterdam, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, youngsters, scientists and AV1 will discuss Compassion and Technology.
In close collaboration with SingularityU The Netherlands, De Nieuwe Kerk Amsterdam hosts a dialogue about Compassion & Technology with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, youngsters, technology innovators and scientists, and the robot AV1.
The dialogue comprises of two parts, Robotics, Telepresence & Artificial Intelligence and Sickness, Ageing & Death. Our very own faculty members Maarten Steinbuch and Kris Verburgh will be present.
Dialogue 1: Robotics, Telepresence & Artificial Intelligence
- Karen Dolva (Norway) – CEO No Isolation
- Maarten Steinbuch (Netherlands) – Faculty Chair of Robotics, SingularityU the Netherlands, Professor Systems & Control TU Eindhoven
- Tilly Lockey (Great Britain) – Pioneer of state of the art bionic limbs
Dialogue 2: Sickness, Ageing & Death
- Liz Parrish (USA) – CEO of BioViva Sciences
- Kris Verburgh (Belgium) – Faculty Chair of Health & Medicine, SingularityU the Netherlands
- Jeantine Lunshof (the Netherlands) – Bio-ethicist MIT Media Lab, Harvard Medical School
- Selma Boulmalf (the Netherlands) – Student Religious Studies, University of Amsterdam
Both sessions are moderated by Christa Meindersma (the Netherlands) – Founder & Chair Himalaya Initiative for Culture and Society.